Weight Loss Tracker - Phase 3

Friday, January 8, 2010

Weigh-In & New Mantra

I originally was going to report my weight progress on Mondays, but I decided it might be discouraging to report after a weekend (especially because Sundays may turn out to be "free" days); instead, I decided to report on Fridays. So, when I weighed myself, I discovered that after five days of Operation: Burn the Baby Fat, I have lost 4.5 lbs.!! I have to admit that I am really excited about the results so far! I am trying to be really committed to this and it is nice to see some results quickly. I know, however, that it won't always be this way, but it's nice to have some positive reinforcement.

As for my resolve to keep working, I have adopted a new mantra in my life right now, and that is "One Day at a Time." In the past when I've set goals or tried to do something new, I always look at the big picture and doing that new thing every single day; it honestly makes me really discouraged because I tell myself there is no way I can keep it up for long periods of time. So, now I just think, "Can I do this today?" And most of the time I can say "yes." Now, I don't know if I will be able to do it tomorrow; but if I just focus on today, it is a lot more manageable and not so overwhelming for me. I know I will have good days and bad days, and if I have a bad day once in a while, I will start a new day and leave it in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment