Weight Loss Tracker - Phase 3

Monday, January 4, 2010

And We're Off!

As I squeezed into my jeans today, I am reminded why I want to do this in the first place. I need to have a more active lifestyle, in general; but to be able to have that kind of lifestyle, I need to lose the extra fluff I've collected from years of not being vigilant and assuming that what I was doing (or not doing) was good enough. Well, it turns out, it's not; so it's time to make a change. I think one of my issues is that I continue to view my body as it was when I was 21, but my body has changed a lot since then. Not considering the extra weight I've added, but I've had three kids. That alone make some major changes. But because my mind has been telling me that I have my 21-year-old body, I have become complacent. I liked how my body was when I was 21, so I've been happy with myself for the past ten years, which is a good thing. The problem is that in my complacency, I didn't maintain the type of fitness regimine I did in my early 20s. And now that my metabolism has slowed down, I need to change the way I eat and I need to exercise more. Not an easy task, but a doable nonetheless.

So, to start everything off, here are my pictures on day one of Operation: Burn the Baby Fat. (They are pretty scarey, so be warned! Also, they were taken by my 5-year old, so disregard the fact that they aren't centered.)


1 comment:

  1. you have motivated me to join you on your journey. the weight was easy to lose after baby #2 but after #3 and now #4, well, i don't even dare post picutres!

    ReplyDelete