Weight Loss Tracker - Phase 3

Friday, January 15, 2010

The Second Week Curse

Well, as I suspected, the second week curse is alive and well. My losses were not near as impressive as last week. However, I am encouraged that I continue to lose weight. Interestingly enough, I contribute most of it to my diet. I always used to think that if I exercised, I could eat whatever I wanted and be able to lose or at least maintain a healthy weight. It turns out that diet is the key to losing weight, but I do think that the combination of the two is the key to shedding it more quickly. I have only been able to exercise 3-4 times each week so far, but I have been able to make some healthier decisions in regard to my diet. So, I am still encouraged.

So, for my numbers. I lost 2 pounds this week! Which brings my total weight-loss to 6.5 pounds. I have to admit that is better than I expected to be doing this early in the quarter. The best news of all is that I hit the milestone that I was hoping to hit this week. I now weigh less than 200 pounds. (Yikes, did I just admit that I weighed in the 200s. Yep. I did. Scarey, I know!) I hope to never weigh that much again! Hopefully I can stick to the lifestyle changes I am making--one day at a time!

1 comment: