Weight Loss Tracker - Phase 3

Monday, April 5, 2010

Pictures & New Resolve

I'm actually a day late posting my pictures. For anyone who has been eagerly awaiting them (ya, right!), I apologize for my tardiness.
Even though I haven't seen much of a difference on the scale, I can tell a difference in how my body looks. I finally have people telling me that they can see a difference, too. And that really helps to motivate me. I think that, for me, losing weight is a cyclical thing. I do well for a while, then I fall back a bit. The true test, though, is to deciding to put the past behind me and try again. I think the bad times when I do fall off the wagon, so to speak, serve a purpose as well. I can always tell a difference in how I feel when I don't eat well, and I don't want to feel that way. So, everytime I feel that way, it motivates me to do better the next time. Even though I do have hard times and weak times; overall, I can say that my habits are better. In looking at the big picture, I am making healthier choices than I was four months ago. So, I am on the right track, but recognize that I will have setbacks. I choose to not let my setbacks define my progress.

 One last thought, up to this point, I have been weighing myself twice each day--once in the morning, right when I wake up and once right before I go to bed. For this week, I've decided to not weigh myself until my weigh-in on Friday morning. Realistically, I want to be able to live my life as healthy as possible and not be so concerned about what the scale is telling me. I do think it is important to measure your progress occasionally, but I don't want my day to live and die by what the scale is telling me. It will be a challenge to stay away from the scale, but I think this will be a good test for me. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment