Weight Loss Tracker - Phase 3

Friday, February 19, 2010

It was bound to happen . . .

Yep, it's weigh-in day; and for the first time, I've had a gain. I gained .5 pounds this week. I'm kind of bummed about it, but after looking back on the week, I can see how it happened. First of all, I think last weekend caught up with me early on in the week. A few other factors also contributed to it. I had a lot more cravings this week, and a little less will-power to avoid them. Also, I seem to remember that when my husband was losing weight last year, at around the 6 week mark, he hit a plateau and had to change this up a bit to shock his body into weight-loss mode. So, here I am at week 7. It's likely time to shake things up a bit. All-in-all, I am a little discouraged by the gain, but I think it could have been a lot worse. Plus, I've come this far already; this is not going to stop me from accomplishing my goals. Here's to a new week and a fresh start.

1 comment:

  1. Hey you know half a pounds is nothing when you think about. Maybe you had a little extra salt the day before so you retained a little water, it happens to me ALL the time. I mean with all you have lost that little bit is nothing long term. Also there is a point where you plateau and start building muscle (which weighs more) but then the numbers start to drop because muscle burns so much more efficiently! Change it up and have fun with it, find something new that excites you! Good luck next week

    ReplyDelete